Mujaddara, also known as Mejadra or Mudardara for about 5 (or two Lebanese)People.
- Fry chopped onions in olive oil until
dark brown. Sautéed onions (Sautéed:-To fry
lightly in fat, oil or butter in a shallow open pan.)
- About five onions
- Four table spoon of Olive Oil.
- Once sautéed, add 4 spoons of water and leave for a few minutes more
- Add Lentils, Submerge in water, water should be approximately 1/4 of an inch above
lentil mix. ( I used about a litre of water to cover )
about 2-3 table spoons of Salt
- Bring to a boil.
- Then add same amount of water ( another litre) and the cracked Wheat.
- Simmer for 20-25 minutes or until
lentils and wheat
- In my case some of the family will
be having Mjadra for lunch. The others when they
get home from work. So we split the serving into different pots to cook
half now and other half later. Therefore only half the cracked wheat was used
for lunch and this afternoon we will add the cracked wheat to other pot
and continue cooking. This is to get the right texture of the cracked wheat ( not too soggy).
Mum loves it with salad mix.
I love it with Yogurt